TicketWeb, a Ticketmaster company, were a proud presents partner of the inaugural 2018 The Industry Observer Awards which took place at the Sydney Cricket Ground on 27th March.
The Awards for Seventh Street Media’s The Industry Observer boasted a who’s-who of the music industry and are the first of its kind in Australia to celebrate the talent behind the talent - recognising managers, retailers, publicists and more for their dedication and work in the biz.
TicketWeb was extremely proud to champion the only publicly voted award of the night, the Venue of The Year award. The winners taking home the prize were Sydney’s Horden Pavilion, the stunning 5,500 capacity venue which has seen the likes of Liam Gallagher and Limp Bizkit play this year.
TicketWeb’s General Manager, Mark Heaton said: “We are honoured to support an award that recognises the incredible venues which are the backbone of our industry and connect artists and their fans to make incredible live experiences possible. Massive congrats to the Hordern Pavilion team on wining Venue of the Year and to all the winners of the first ever The Industry Observer Awards – it was a top night!”
- Radio Host of the Year - Ben and Liam (triple j)
- Digital Retailer of the Year - Spotify
- Music Lawyer of the Year (sponsored by Madison Marcus) - Julian Hewitt (Media Arts Lawyers)
- Booking Agent of the Year - Stephen Wade (Select Music)
- Executive of the Year (sponsored by KPMG) - Denis Handlin AO (Sony Music Entertainment)
- Festival of the Year - Bluesfest Byron Bay
- Guardian of the Year - Ralph Van Dijk (Ruel)
- Publicist of the Year (sponsored by One Accounting) - Anna Fitzgerald (TMRW Music)
- Retailer of the Year - Dada Records
- Manager of the Year (sponsored by AAM) - Kurt Bailey (Mirror Music Group)
- Community Radio Host of the Year - Brooke Olsen (FBi Radio)
- Boutique Festival of the Year (sponsored by Mountain Goat Beer) - A festival called PANAMA
- Record Label A&R of the Year (sponsored by Doyles) - Paul Harris (Sony Music Entertainment)
- Marketing Manager/Director of the Year - Ben Martin (Golden Era Records)
- Publisher A&R of the year - Maree Hamblion (Sony/ATV Music Publishing)
- Industry Impact of the Year (sponsored by BMG) - Adam Briggs (AB Original/Briggs/Bad Apples)
- Top Industry Tweet of the Year (presented by Twitter Australia) - Stu Harvey
Marc Swan, WIN Sports and Entertainment Centres Venue Manager, Oliver Smith, TicketWeb and Chris McLachlan, Ticketmaster
Luke Longemann and Jadden Comerford from Unified Music Group
Deb Wright, NSW State Manager Ticketmaster and Graham Kennedy, Head of Family Entertainment, Live Nation
Michelle Stephenson, National Newsroom Director, NOVA Entertainment
The Sydney Royal Easter Show has just wrapped up its fourth successful year in partnership with Ticketmaster.